A 1981 graduate of Indiana University School of Dentistry, Dr. Shoup served in the Public Health Service for three years then started a private practice in Indianapolis in 1984.
Dr. Shoup founded his practice on these principles:
- Deliver absolutely beautiful dentistry
- Treat people with 5-Star service
- Create relationships for a life time
Dr. Shoup has served as a Peer Review Mediator helping patients and doctors resolve conflicts and improve the quality of dentistry.
Dr. Shoup is a well-known speaker across the United States. Dr. Shoup speaks to dentists and dental teams on the subject of quality treatment, patient relations, high-tech equipment, and how to deliver high-quality high-tech dentistry in a very warm and personal setting.
Dr. Shoup is also a well-known author who publishes articles in a variety of U.S. dental journals. He is also a featured author in the British Dental Journal Independent Practice.
Besides the dental program that Dr. Shoup presents Dr. Shoup is also a platform speaker who performs keynote speeches on a variety of subjects to non-dental audiences.
Dr. Shoup is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry
- Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry
- International Academy of Oral Medical Toxicology
- Academy of Medical and Dental Ozone